MacOS X 10.1 or later
"JustBlack" is a free MacOS X screen saver which just shows a black sreen. Enjoy!
If your computer needs to be locked with a password and you don't want to waste CPU cycles
with fancy screen savers this is the way to go. (To prolong the life of LCD monitors: Some
monitors have settings to power the screen off as soon as the screen goes black. Check your settings.)
CookieCruncherV11.sit (PowerPC, 542k)
CookieCruncherV11_68k.sit (68k, 485k)
MacOS 7.5.1 or later
|What's New in this version:
Check our separate 'What's New?' page for more details.
- Does now automatically recognize Netscape Profiles
- Implemented 'Run & Quit' preference
- Implemented 'Save a Copy as...'
- 'Drag & Drop' and 'Copy & Paste' support
- Added 'Revert' command
- New, more compact layout
- Support for Netscape 6
- Lowered System Requirements to MacOS 7.5.1
- Import cookie settings from MacWasher
- And many bug fixes and improvements
For a list of all improvements and bug fixes check the 'version history' page.
"CookieCruncher" gives you full control over the "MagicCookie" file where Netscape stores cookie data. "CookieCruncher" is Freeware. I am not taking any responsibility for damaging anything on your system while using CookieCruncher. See the "Legal Info" section below.
Frequently Asked Questions:
For answers to what you always wanted to know about CookieCruncher check our FAQ page.
- Automatically scan your "MagicCookie" file after your Mac was started up.
- Automatically quit if no new/unknown cookies were added.
- Delete individual Cookies.
- Delete all Cookies from one site.
- Keep individual Cookies.
- Keep all Cookies from one site.
- Inspect the details of a cookie (domain, variable, value, expiration date etc.)
- Change the value of a cookie.
- Handle more than one "MagicCookie" file at a time.
- "Drag & Drop" cookies between cookie files and to the desktop.
- Import settings from other applications (e.g. iCab).
We have put together some Screenshots of CookieCruncher in action.
Please send your bug reports and/or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some Links with Informations about Cookies:
"What Are Cookies, and How Do They Work?"
Netscape Navigator for MacOS Security Issue: "The problem is in fact very simple, Netscape stores saved passwords as cookies in a file called MagicCookie..."
"...but if you are concerned about being identified or about having your web browsing traced through the use of a cookie, set your browser to not accept cookies or use one of the new cookie blocking packages. Note that blocking all cookies prevents some online services from working."
"We are dedicated to provide full information upon Internet Cookies..."
"Our web site is one of the world's most comprehensive collections of
information about junk messages and how to stop them."
- to Thomas Tempelmann for his CatSearch, Alias and FileMgr Plugins (http://www.tempel.org/rb/)
- to Doug Holton for his FileIcon Plugin (email@example.com)
"CookieCruncher" is FREEWARE. This may change in the future.
It is NOT in the "Public Domain". You may NOT alter it in any way, and reverse-engineering of
"CookieCruncher" is strictly prohibited. "CookieCruncher" is Copyright © 2000, 2001 by Ch. Schaffner
at firstname.lastname@example.org. "CookieCruncher" may NOT be sold, by itself, or in combination with
any other software, without prior, express written permission from me, Ch. Schaffner.
I, Ch. Schaffner, make no warranty, express or implied, with respect to the software or documentation including (but not limited to) implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event will I be liable for loss of profits or goodwill or other indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages resulting from any defect in the software or documentation, even if advised of the possibility of such damages. I shall have no liability for any data stored or modified with this program, including the costs of recovering such data. Use at your own risk.
Apple, Macintosh, Mac OS, are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc. Netscape is a trademark of Netscape Communications, Inc. All trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Made with REALBasic®.